Tuesday, October 25, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things.. To make quick and easy dinners.

I cook dinner every night.  I am a huge advocate of home cooked meals.  I love the taste, love the freshness, love that they are healthy, and love that it is cost effective.  That said.......... Reality is....  I  NEED quick and easy meals  some nights.  Here are a few of my favorite products , that along with fresh ingredients , will put a quick meal on your table.   Here are the top 7 ... That's a week's worth of dinners !!

#1 White Chicken Chili

White chicken chili
I love this seasoning mix. It comes with the seasonings, jalapenos, and lots of flavor.  I add 3 cans of white beans, peppers and onions, and lots of shredded monterey jack cheese .  Throw it in the crock pot and you are ready for dinner.

# 2 Grilled Marinated Chicken (with bacon and cheese)

Marinated Grilled Chicken
This is our families favorite meal.  I use this sauce/marinade for so many meals.  It is so easy to add to vegetables for stir fry and is great to marinate beef kabobs !  (keep reading)

Marinade :
1/2 cup veri veri teriyaki
1 cup pineapple juice
2 T. honey
2 T. honey mustard

Slice boneless chicken breast in half and marinate in a ziplock bag for 1-2 days.  Grill the chicken . When chicken is done, place a slice of precooked bacon and swiss cheese on top the chicken breast.  This is also good on a toasted bun.

#3  Salisbury Steak

Salisbury Steak
I love this simple delicious hearty meal.  I love this mix.  It is simple and full of flavor.

The secret to this ?  Good ground beef! Fresh!

Make your patties. I like them round and flat.  I season with salt, pepper and a bit of garlic powder. Slice up some red onion.  Place patties and onion in frying pan and cook on medium heat .  It will produce lots of great bits and pieces on the bottom of the pan and your kitchen will smell of heaven.  Take the meat out of pan and place in a serving dish . Keep them handy as they will be going right back in.  Now add 1 cup water to your pan and stir until all that yummy goodness is off the bottom of the pan.  Add the dry mix and stir. It will thicken and NEVER lump!! Add patties back in and cover until ready to serve.

I always serve this with homemade mashed potatoes and peas.


#4 Stromboli

Stromboli

We love this easy meal!  I buy PUBLIX brand ready made pizza dough. Its 1.50 and made fresh in their bakery.  It freezes well too !  Let the dough rest for about 20 minutes to come to room temp.  Heat oven to 400 degrees.  Add Italian 6 blend shredded cheese . I also add grated parmesan cheese.  I make one cheese and one pepperoni . But, go crazy.  Sausage and peppers? All veggie?

Roll it and seal the edges.  Top with olive oil,  grated parmesan cheese and a dried Italian seasoning blend.  Cover with foil .  Bake for 25 minutes covered and then 20 minutes more uncovered to brown ~!  Let stand for 10 minutes before you slice and serve it.



#5 Beef and Vegetable Kabobs

Beef Kabobs

Easy and one of my favorites!  Take the Teriyaki sauce that you used for the chicken marinade.  Pour it over beef ( or chicken) kabobs.  I usually make these kabobs  homemade as I like to use a good cut of meat and fresh veggies but the ones you buy already assembled at the grocery store are very good ( and easy). Marinade for 1-2 days in the refrigerator.  Grill kabobs for about 10 -15 minutes depending on how well you like them.  Put them on a serving plate and cover them with foil for about 8 minutes.  I serve them with rice and egg rolls . 


#6 Lentil and Beef Soup

Lentil Soup

My husband loves loves Carabas' Lentil soup.  So, I had to find a good match. This is AMAZING! It comes with the beans and seasonings.  You add ground italian sausage , ground beef, or ground turkey along with chopped carrots, celery, onions, canned tomatoes and garlic.  The recipe? Right on the back!!  Its ready in 30 minutes!!


#7 Italian Grilled Chicken

Grilled chicken

I love this salad dressing/ marinade. I have to admit I use it more for marinades.  It is so easy.  Ready? Put chicken breast in a ziploc bag . I always cut mine in half so they are nice and thin for grilling. Pour marinade in! That's it.  I like to let this marinade 2-3 days.  Then, I grill it, basting it with more fresh dressing.  This is wonderful with a salad using the same dressing.

Its also good to top with mozzarella cheese  and a marinara sauce . ( I love Bertolli's  marinara ) and a pasta side dish. 


I hope you will incorporate these into your meals for the week! Let me know what you think!!

Robyn

4 comments:

penny said...

You , as usual , are AMAZING. I will be using these recipes.

penny said...

You are AMAZING. Totally trying these.

Anonymous said...

omg i really love BACON!

Anonymous said...

Your point is valueble for me. Thanks!

My blog:
internet dsl vergleich oder DSL anbieter