Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Its a field trip to HomeGoods !!

Those who know me know I love decorating.  My home is my palate and it is forever transforming.  I have done it in stages as my budget and inspiration have allowed.  But, I also love a bargain.  When we renovated our home this powder room was NOT priority.  



So, we put in an inexpensive pedestal sink and  and a bargain mirror.  ( always with the thought I would change it )  Then,  I came across this beautiful vanity . 



It included the mirror, granite sink top and sink.  The best part... It was $140.00 !! Why? Someone bought it , opened the box and decided they did not like it. Their loss..... my treasure !I brought it home and my handy husband installed it.  

The problem you ask?  This little beauty makes the rest of the room look so plain and drab.  Solution?  A shopping trip to one of my favorite decorating bargain shops ...... HOMEGOODS!!  I have been shopping here for years and find the best deals.  Many items are one of a kind so you must go in with the mentality of 
" if I like it, I will buy it "  If not, someone else will.   
( insert sad face)
This weekend some girlfriends and I are taking a field trip to our local Homegoods store .  I cant wait to find some accessories that will warm up my powder room and finish it off.  Hand towels,art, a rug.  Oh the possibilities. 
Check out my friend Linda's room at http://otherothergoodthing.blogspot.com/

Cant think of a better way to spend a Saturday morning.  
Girlfriends and Homegoods !!
Stay tuned......
Robyn
The new vanity


1 comment:

another good thing said...

Oooh. such a fab bargain. Love your style woman.